Deciding the method of transportation has been more challenging then planning the trip itself.
My first idea was to take across the US. Sitting back and watching the world go by.
- No driving involved.
Idea 2: RV
My second idea was to rent an RV. The idea of travelling the open road in an RV seemed like the best way to go.
- Prep meals, save money on eating out
- Gas costs
Idea 3: Car
I would consider renting a car or driving my own.
- Renting a car saving wear and tear on personnel vehicle
- Flexibility in luggage, lodging (ability to bring tent or stay in hotel)
- Distance to get to desired destinations
Idea 4: Air Plane
- Baggage fees
Final Decision: Combination
The final decision was made by looking at all the options and figuring out what fits best within the time we have to complete the trip and within budget. We will be traveling by train, plane, and automobile.
- Quicker to further destinations, southern states to be revisited in another trip
- Limited baggage